My Site
Categories
Exaile 0.2.14 and 0.3.0a released!
Exaile 0.2.14 and 0.3 alpha have been released!

Go to the Exaile homepage for more information.
Filed under: Exaile
Comments:

From Klerud on Oct. 6 @ 2:12 p.m. 2008

Great news. Looking very much forward to 0.3.
From Ezekiel000 on Oct. 6 @ 4:27 p.m. 2008

Thanks for the update and the preview of 0.3.
From Ezekiel000 on Oct. 7 @ 10:52 a.m. 2008

Please in future if you are changing the rating system could you have a first run system that will convert the old ratings to the new system.
From Gotit on Oct. 9 @ 6:37 a.m. 2008

I gave 0.2.14 a quick try and it seem to be working great for the most part, even the equalizer setting affect the music as they should. BUT, (yup, it’s a big one ?) when the equalizer is enabled there’s lots of scratchiness and “wow” sounds. The sound makes me think of an LP that is being played with a needle that is missing the diamond.

Along with Exaile’s “lighter feel” the equalizer is one for the aspects I really like about the app. For whatever reason, equalizers seem to be missing in the greater majority of Linux music player applications. Looking fwd to the beta of 0.3, I’m just too wimpy to go for an alpha (I work in the software industry ?).
From Gotit on Oct. 10 @ 10:09 a.m. 2008

Quick update... It seems the scratchy sound through the equalizer is with .wma files, .mp3 seem to play fine.

However, the equalizer is still a bit finicky. Some "auto-settings" don't adjust the frequencies (Rock for example). Also, I need to disable/enable the equalizer via the checkbox to make new settings take effect. But at least I can make them take affect YEA!!! :)
From Kijof on Oct. 12 @ 10:54 a.m. 2008

Working fire here, even the equalizer, I love Exaile, thanks for the hard work! ^_^
From ingo on Oct. 12 @ 1:05 p.m. 2008

well done so far.

Still want crossfading :-)

Keep up that great work ^^
From audi666 on Oct. 16 @ 3:57 a.m. 2008

I'm waiting for last.fm scrobbling and replay gain in Exaile 0.3! I want to get rid if Amarok 2...
From Adam Olsen on Oct. 16 @ 5:53 p.m. 2008

Last.fm scrobbling actually works, you just have to set the preferences for it yourself. In your ~/.config/exaile/settings.ini, you can add something like this to the end of the file:

[pluginlastfm]
password = S: yourpassword
user = S: youruser

Or you can use the command line interface (either through the python console that is launchped by default, or typing python -i exaile.py) and type something like this:

exaile.settings['plugin/lastfm/user'] = 'youruser'
exaile.settings['plugin/lastfm/password'] = 'yourpassword'
exaile.settings.save()

Hopefully we'll have a gui for this soon :)
From swizzel on Oct. 18 @ 11:56 p.m. 2008

nice update! i've noticed it loads my entire library playlist much faster now which is great. also it correctly parses names that had special characters woohoo! thanks for a great music player, looking forward to 0.3

Add a comment:
captcha

Optional, for comment reply notifications

Note: If you enter your email address, you will be subscribed to this article and will recieve comment updates via email. This is the only thing your address will be used for. A link will be provided at the end of each email that will allow you to unsubscribe should you need to, or you can go to http://synicworld.com//unsubscribe to unsubscribe from any/all updates.